Paul Pritchard Sr. left us with a series of challenging questions early in the trip:
- Are you in? (In Christ, that is)
- How far are you in?
- Are you faithful?
- Do you love the Lord?
- Are you a disciple?
- Are you getting others in?
"There is a certain type of person God is looking for." (Isaiah 61:1-2)
Russell Snoddy had this to say:
"In your life, don't believe you've reached it. There's farther to go. If not, you'd be in heaven. . . . If you think you've arrived, you won't follow Jesus any farther."
"I see God's hand moving all over the globe. The question is — Do you want to be part of it?" (I do. Do you?)
"If we don't pay attention, we're going to miss something God is doing."
"When we remember how valuable our salvation is, when we remember how LOST we were, it will make us RUN to get others saved."
"Our time here (in Cape Verde) is short, but what we're doing is eternal because God is eternal."
"Satan has us convinced to just stay put – You've got good music, good preaching, you need to grow a little bit more first. You go to all the services, you give, you give to missions, you're good. But the job of the church is to go right into the enemy's territory, not hide behind our comforts. . . . The normal Christian life is to push the enemy back – it's what we're doing right here. This is the normal Christian life." ( . . . to which I can only say a hearty amen!)
"You can only live a normal Christian life if you have some things:
- You have to love God and love his Word. Jesus said, If you love me, you'll keep my commands. We desperately need this kind of love. This is the kind of love God saved us with. We can speak about the love of God, but if we have this kind of love, we can show them his love.
- You have to put God first. I'm here because God loves this place, and I love God. Moses said, If your presence is not with us, I'm not going to take one step. That's obedience!
- You have to have love for the lost. That love will cause us to leave the comforts of home and go forward to overcome the obstacles."
"Don't lose the opportunity to make a difference."
"The normal Christian life — Love God — Love people — Be obedient."
Joe Davis again:
"The World is the next person you give a tract to."by beakennedy
"Why did I come back? Here is the place I have a common bond with men of like passion. I don't fit nowhere else."